The cooking challenge - Miss Earth Slovenia 2019


The cooking challenge

Hello my darlings, 

This blog post will be about another fantastic day which I spent in Ljubljana with the Miss Earth team. So, this was our first challenge which was – the cooking challenge. 

A few days before the challenge we found out that we will have to prepare a risotto. So, because I always like to be well prepared, I took the chance to try out different recipes for the risotto. I think that it is very important to prepare yourself – at least a little bit. And the most important thing is to have fun and enjoy the process. I also think that when you cook with passion and love – you can definitely taste it. 

So I made a few risottos with the help of my mum, and I tried different decorations. I was satisfied with my preparation for this event and I felt confident about it also. 
My risotto I prepared at home

Another risotto
I prepared lunch for mum and dad

And then on Saturday we went to Ljubljana to a beautiful new restaurant Vitez. Firstly the chef showed us quickly how he prepares his barley risotto. Then it was our turn and we took turns in cooking (2 were in the kitchen and other candidate were waiting for their turn). 

With the other finalists

When it was my turn (I was nearly last) I prepared all of the ingredients and then started cooking. I must say that it all went according to plan – or even better so I felt so grateful and proud of myself. I served the barley risotto to the chef. And I must say that I was planning to do a vegeterian risotto. Then I decided that I will experiment a bit more in the kitchen. I used: oilive oil, chicken, vegetables, barley, seeds, white wine, a bit of stock, parsley, salt, pepper and cheese.
Busy cooking

Preparing my dish

Cooking

Finishing up my creation
My barley risotto

The final look of my barley risotto

After I finished I waited for another candidate to finish. When we all finished, we waited for the results, to find out who is the winner of the challenge. 

Then the final moment came and they gave each candidate points. The chef announced that I achieved 17 points - I was so happy and proud on myself because I won this challenge. And again I have proved to myself that with hard work and loving what I do - I will definitely get results in one form or another.
So happy for what I achieved

Proudly holding my barley risotto

Grateful for the gift

I am very grateful because as the winner I got a gift voucher for the restaurant. And I would also like to say, that it is not always about the "win", it is about enjoying yourself and just being in the moment. I am so grateful for the opportunity to spend some lovely time with the other finalists, we had some lovely conversations - and this is what aslo made my day even more beautiful.

At the end of the day what matters is, that you know that you done your best, and no matter what everyone should be porud of themselves.

And I must say that all of the candidates also done a good job and at the end of the day we are all winners because we tried our best!

But I must say that I do have a little secret why my barley risotto was so good. The thing is that in life it is good if you prepare yourself, but at the end of the day the most important thing is that you cook with love - and that is my secret.

With the finalists, and first runner up of Miss Earth 2018

I hope you enjoy these blog post, because they are like a small insight of the Miss Earth Slovenia beauty competition. 


This is the website of the place where we cooked. This place looks so lovely and the food is fantastic. So I would recommend you to visit this fabulous place if you will be in the center of Ljubljana! I would like to give a huge thank you to the restaurant Vitez for having us and for taking care of us so nicely. I definitely won't forget this day! 

I would also like to use this chance to show you the Miss Earth Slovenia renewed website and You Tube video - where all of us contestants present ourselves. 


Sending you lots of love, 

Your one and only, 
Charnee Bijon Bonno.

2 komentarja

  1. hi was just seeing if you minded a comment. i like your website and the thme you picked is super. I will be back. cooking team building singapore

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Pozdravljeni, dame in gospodje;
    V partnerstvu z dobrovernimi strokovnjaki za kreditno
    Na voljo smo vam 24 ur na dan, da vam postrežemo in vas pripeljemo
    najboljši pogoji financiranja za posojo denarja med
    zlasti ljudem, ki poosebljajo resnost.
    Za več informacij nam pišite:

    Eledgefinance@gmail.com
    ANNE ELEDGE.

    Prisrčno.

    OdgovoriIzbriši